Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Google Alerts for May 30, 2006 and NECC Programs!

Just to repeat myself (something those who know me might say I do a bit too much), if you don't have a set of Google Alerts working for you yet, check out the email alert I got in my inbox this morning. You can set up to receive Web or News or Both alerts so that anytime anything appears on the Internet it gets logged to your alert and then sent to you as often as you wish. I have this one (for the term "videoconferencing") set to deliver to me weekly because it's fairly active, as you'll see.

Going to NECC in San Diego the July 4 week? Check out my offerings:

Searching for Mr. Goodware [Birds-of-a-Feather]
Scott Merrick, University School Nashville/Vanderbilt University with Joan Roehre
Wednesday, 7/5/2006, 5:15pm– 6:15pm; SDCC 28C
Polycom PVX, iVisit, SightSpeed, YahooMessenger!, AIM, IChat, MSMessenger, Skpe, GoogleTalk, yadayadayada, ya'll. What works the best and why aren't we all using it?

Scientists in the Classrooms: Truly Engaging Content from Vanderbilt CSO [K-12 IVC Showcase]
Scott Merrick, University School Nashville/Vanderbilt University with Rocky Alvey
Thursday, 7/6/2006, 11:00am– 11:30am; SDCC 24C
Sharing a live presentation from Vanderbilt Center for Science Outreach, whose FREE science expert presentations have reached thousands of K-12 students over four years.

K2K Connections and Collaborations: Get Your Project and Partner Here!
[K-12 IVC Showcase]
Joan Roehre, Kenosha Unified School District #1 with Scott Merrick
Friday, 7/7/2006, 11:00am– 11:30am; SDCC 24C
IVC Classroom collaborations, easy as 1-2-3:
1. Meet teachers that participate in exciting collaborations
2. Brief brainstorm
3. Pick a partner
Leave with a partner(s) AND project!

See you there! On July 3 or so I'll post my Conference Planner Session so's ya'll can stalk me...um...seek me out for lively chat. I'll also be podcasting for Snacks4theBrain! so if you don't want to hear it on the Web, don't say it in earshot of me!!!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home